Mindy R. Werder
Mindy Werder focuses her practice on family law, including divorce, spousal support, child custody, child support, and adoptions. Mindy is a court approved Parenting Coordinator for the second, third, and fifth circuits. She is admitted to practice law in all state and federal courts in South Dakota.
Mindy is a native of Pipestone, Minnesota. She graduated with honors, with a degree in criminal justice, from the University of Sioux Falls in 2007. Mindy obtained her law degree from the University of South Dakota School of Law in 2011. She went on to clerk for the Third Judicial Circuit for a year, and was most recently in private practice in Watertown, South Dakota.
Mindy has assisted innumerable clients with their family law issues, striving to assist her clients in maintaining an amicable relationship with his or her co-parent, and being ever-mindful of the best interests of involved children. In addition, she has assisted many clients in their efforts at clemency, pardons, and expungements.
Mindy and her husband Ben reside in Harrisburg. They have two energetic boys, Ezekiel and Zion, who happily occupy most of their time outside of work.
- University of South Dakota School of Law, 2011
- University of Sioux Falls, Criminal Justice, 2007
- South Dakota Bar Association
- Second Circuit Bar Association
- Court approved Parenting Coordinator for the second, third, and fifth circuits
- Great Plains Super Lawyers® Rising Star (2021)
- Family Law
- Expertise Best Divorce Lawyers in Sioux Falls (2022)
- Top Ten Under 40 for the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys (2023)
Worship Team Member at Embrace Church